Compare our savings rate to your current bank's savings rate
What does our Extended Savings Account offer?
- You receive a 0.9% fidelity premium for deposits that are on your account for longer than 1 year.
- And a base rate of 0.1%.
- Your deposits are covered up to €100,000 through Belgium's deposit guarantee.
- And exempt from 15% withholding tax on the first €990 of interest earned in 2020.
- Our Extended Savings Account is exclusively available for Premium members.
Turn savings into earnings
What do our interest rates get you?
How does it work?
- Download the Aion Bank app.
- Sign up for a Premium membership and open an account within minutes.
- Go to the Finance tab and select ‘open new savings account’.
- Select the Extended Savings Account.
Digital banking at its best
- Signing up is fast and easy with our fully digital process
- Manage your money from anywhere
- Discover even more ways to save and earn money
- If after 12 months you've paid more than you saved, we will refund you the difference
Type of product
Our Extended Regulated Savings Account is free of charge and is opened for an indefinite duration. Your money is always available without any costs.
The Extended Regulated Savings Account is subject to Belgian law and complying with the conditions set out in Article 2 of the Royal Decree executing the Income Tax Code 1992; and is for mobile clients only.
Before opening an account, please read the key information for savers and the deposit guarantee information sheet below.
The rates on our savings accounts can be changed at any given time. Our members will be notified of such changes via email.
Protection of savings
Your deposits are protected up to €100 000 per person. In case of bankruptcy or risk of bankruptcy of the financial institution, the saver runs the risk of not recovering his/her savings or may be subject to a diminution / conversion in shares (Bail-in) of the amount of the claims he/she holds against the financial institution in excess of €100 000, I.e. the amount falling within the scope of the deposit guarantee scheme.
You can send your complaints to us using our chat or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied, contact bank mediation service at www.ombfin.be.
Earnings are calculated based on the 0,9% fidelity premium per year and 0,1% base rate per year based on €10.000 deposits which are on the account for at least 12 uninterrupted months.